Tuesday, February 1, 2011

For Starters...

    I want to start off by telling you a little bit more about myself.  I'm 15.  I have 3 brothers and 1 sister.  I have a crazy big Great Pyrenees dog named Stanley; for short his full name is 'Stanley Duke of Wales'.  He's 3 years old and looks like a polar bear.  I gave him an English title because I have a fascination in English culture and history.  I have so gotten into the practice of English necessities that I have picked up my own English Accent (which constantly annoys my family, but it quite amuses me.) Hehe I have even had people come up to me and ask me if I was from England.  My Mom was even asked if I was adopted!  I have had a history of sports before I picked up music by an interesting turn of events. At first I was devoted to learning the piano. Then we got I piano teacher who was with all due respect definitely the most explosive personality I had ever met (which is up against some very steep competition.)  After a while she quit because one of our toy poodles (fake dogs) got out of the house and almost ran right into a car.  Then I was kind of lost as far as piano goes I thought it was because of my lack of ability that see left, so I quit.  Then my mother got a beautiful Martin acoustic guitar.  I started practicing that thing like nobody's business.  I immediately got into ,in my opinion, the greatest guitarist ever to play a instrument with strings PHIL KEAGGY!  Although I had been originally into modern pop, hip hop, and  rap, Phil drew the line for me and from then on developed my musical awareness through his talent. From then on you could ask anyone what other name they thought of when they heard my name, and the answer would be Phil Keaggy.  I was still however using my mother's guitar until... One crazy day when I heard the sound of my mother playing in her room. It was so amazing I thought it was an illusion literally.  I thought "Maybe they have got the radio on in there or something." For my 14th birthday I walked in that room... and there it was... an American made authentic "Fender Stratocaster," with maple neck and a beautiful rose wood body.  Me and my friend have been trying to start a band ever since.

1 comment:

  1. Is it weird that our blogs have practically the same title? And no, I'm not a brother in Christ, but I'm a sister! haha anyway, I just thought that was interesting.

    ReplyDelete